Established in 1973, IIM Bangalore was the third IIM to be established after IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Calcutta. IIM Bangalore is famous for its flagship PGP (MBA equivalent) program which ranks #2 in India (NIRF) and #35 in the world (FT Rankings).
About the flagship MBA-PGP program, Admission 2023-25 application process is expected to start in August 2022, with the onset of the CAT Application Process. IIM CAT 2022 Registration to begin on August 3, 2022. The last date to register for CAT is September 14, 2022. In the year of 2022, IIM Bangalore posted an average package of INR 33.34 LPA, which is third highest in India after ISB average of INR 34.07 LPA and IIM Calcutta INR 34.2 LPA. More than 42% students opted for management consulting roles, followed by Product Management (20%).
IIM Bangalore has 140 full time faculty members, about 1500 students across various degree-granting programmes and nearly 5500 annual Executive Education participants.
IIM Bangalore is developing a second campus in Jigani, about 27 km from the Bannerghatta Road campus- to focus on executive education and research.
IIM Bangalore is the only Indian institution which is a member of the Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM). The network comprises 31 top business schools from across the globe that includes highly reputed management institutions such as the Yale School of Management, HEC Paris, EGADE, Sauder School of Business, Fudan University School of Management and National University of Singapore. One of the prominent features of these network courses includes team-projects by students from different partner schools.
IIM Bangalore has been focussing extensively on the path of growth and expansion and has come up with several initiatives to support the same:
- Offers MBA programme in Business Analytics which is specially designed to combine the best of management and data analytics.
- IIM Bangalore's incubator, run under the aegis of the NS Raghavan Center for Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL), has helped hundreds of qualified individuals start their first venture.
- IIM Bangalore has emerged as national leader in Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) with more than 40 courses in management offered on the edX, Swayam and IIMBx platforms
- IIM Bangalore has developed a tenure track system to attract the best-qualified research oriented faculty
- Under the IIM Act of 2017, IIMB is an Institute of National Importance.
IIM Bangalore Highlights
|MBA Fees||INR 23 Lakhs|
|Average CTC||INR 33.82 Lakhs|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, Oracle, OYO, Amagi Labs, Google|
|MBA Total Shortlisted Candidates (2022)||677 (General Category)|
|MBA Waitlist Movement (2022)||108 (General Category)|
|NIRF Ranking||#2 (Among Top 100 Managment Colleges in India)|
IIM Bangalore Interesting Facts
- Accreditations: IIM Bangalore is accredited by the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS). IIMB is the only Indian Management B-school in the Global Network for Advanced Management, a Yale-initiated network of 32 top-notch global B-schools.
- Faculty: IIM Bangalore has 109 full-time faculty members having an average work experience of 10-20 years in the field of research and industry. Check
- Fees Vs ROI: IIM Bangalore students received an average CTC of INR 33.82 LPA is quite promising in terms of high ROI against the total fee of 23 Lakhs.
- Incubation Program & Startups: The innovation and entrepreneurship hub of IIM Bangalore, NSRCEL, and Buddha Fellowship Programme (BFP) have collaborated to offer a joint rural entrepreneurship incubation program. Recently, during the Fintech Festival of NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore had selected about 10 Fintech Startups among 240, which have raised a funding of 25 Crores.
- Architecture: According to The New York Times Style Magazine, the campus of IIM Bangalore has been recognized as the 17th spot among 'The 25 Most Significant Works of Post War Architecture.
- Placements 2022: During the 2022 placement drive, 524 students were placed & they received 662 offers. The average & median salary stood at INR 33.82 LPA & INR 31.20 LPA respectively.
The best thing about an MBA course is that a student from any field, be it science, commerce or arts, can pursue this 2 year master's degree course.
IIM Bangalore Courses
IIMB offers a total of 06 programs including Certificate programs. Duration and Fees of which are tabulated below.
|PGP||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% aggregate (for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, there is a relaxation to 45%)
Selection Criteria: CAT / (international candidates) + WAT / PI Batch Size: 483
|INR 23 Lakhs|
|Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50% aggregate (there is a 5% relaxation for SC, ST and PwD category candidates) + 5 years (and preferably less than 12 years) of work experience
Selection Criteria: GMAT or
|INR 29 Lakhs|
|PGP in Enterprise Management ()||Duration: 2 years (Weekend)
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% in any discipline Or Minimum 4 years of work experience after the Bachelor’s degree.
Selection Criteria: CAT / IIMB Test
|INR 19 Lakhs|
|PGP in Business Analytics ()||Duration: 2 years (Full time)
Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50%
Selection Criteria: CAT / GMAT (international candidates) + WAT / PI
|INR 23 Lakhs|
|PGP in Public Policy & Management ()||Duration: 1 year (Full time)
Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50% + 5-years of work experience
Selection Criteria: CAT / GRE / IIMB Test + PI + Case Analysis
|Non Sponsored: INR 20.5 Lakhs Sponsored: 14 Lakhs|
|Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: A master's degree or a 5-year integrated master’s degree with at least 55% aggregate in bachelor’s as well in the master’s OR A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 50% aggregate OR A 4-year bachelor's degree with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent aggregate.
Selection Criteria: GRE / CAT / GATE / JRF or IIMB Test
IIM-Ahmedabad vs IIM-Bangalore vs IIM-Calcutta
|Batch Size||389 (33.5% Woman, 35% freshers)||515 (29.5% Woman, 25% freshers)||480 (35% Woman, 42% freshers)|
|Campus area||102 acre||100 acre||135 acre|
|City||The weather during the summers may get unbearable (since there’s no AC in some of the hostels)||Bengaluru is the startup hub of India. The campus is located in the heart of the city which gives the students a chance to explore the city and network.||The campus is located far away from the city so the students have limited access to the city. The weather of the city is extremely hot and humid.|
|Curriculum||All courses are mandatory in the first year and the second year has all the elective courses.||IIM B offers a choice of 3 elective courses in the first year itself to prepare the students for the summer placements.||core courses in the first year and elective courses in the second. The curriculum is also known to be more intense quantitatively|
|Specialization||Consulting (46%), Finance (16%) and Marketing (9.5%)||Consulting (36%), Product management (17%) and Finance (14%)||Consulting (32%), Finance (17%) and General Management (16%)|
|Culture||IIMA is the perfect median between the other 2- it has a culture of clusters. IIMA people are not just achievers, but toppers throughout their lives, a trait that adds insecurity. This is why IIMA people have a very strong and lasting bond with a small group of people.||IIMB has a culture of heterogeneity. At B, each individual is an achiever by themselves. Unlike C, where students grow their social capital, at B, each student explores his/her individuality. There is no cluster of the students across any hostel block or class section. Each one is each one.||IIM- C has a complete opposite culture of homogeneity. Across the 3 IIMs, the closest knit family is that IIMC.IIMC is a classic example of common misery being the best binder of people. They are located outside the city, the climate is difficult, education is tough. This torrid environment of C brings in a culture of togetherness within C-ites.|
|Dual degree||IIM Ahmedabad has double-degree programme agreement with about six International schools such as ESSEC Business School, HEC, University of Bocconi||IIM Bangalore has double-degree programme agreement with about three International schools such as ESCP Europe Business School, Bocconi University and Hitotsubashi University Business School||IIM C offers a double degree in association with ESCP Europe. Full placement support is offered to students opting for the dual degree by the institutes.|
|USP||Center for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) helps students start their own company by providing mentorship and funding support.||NSRCEL is the hub of entrepreneurial activities at IIM B.||IIM C has a state-of-the-art finance lab that supports applied research in financial markets|
|Library size||Access to 1.9 Lakh books and journals||Access to 1.5 Lakh books and journals||Access to 1.1 Lakh books and journals|
IIM Bangalore Rankings
|School||NIRF Rank||FT Rank||QS Rank||Economist rank|
IIM Bangalore Vs IIM-Ahmedabad Vs IIM Bangalore Vs IIM Calcutta Vs FMS
|School||Fees||Average Placement||Batch size||Known for|
|IIM-B||INR 24.50 Lakhs||INR 33.82 LPA||480||Product/Tech|
|ISB||INR 39.63 Lakhs||INR 34.07 LPA||929||Consulting/ Product|
|IIM-A||INR 23 Lakhs||INR 26.13 LPA||400||Finance/ Consulting|
|IIM-C||INR 31 Lakhs||INR 34.2 LPA||520||Finance|
|XLRI||INR 12.90 Lakhs||INR 30.73||360||Human Resource|
|FMS||INR 1.92 Lakhs||INR 32.4 LPA||289||Marketing|
IIM Bangalore Admission
Summary: Domestic Admissions are based on the applications received through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) in November every year at various centers in India. Short-listed candidates attend a written test and personal interview, and provide two letters of reference from persons who know them closely in terms of their academic/professional performance. The final selection is based on the CAT performance, Scholastic Achievement, Work Experience, performance in the Writing Ability Test, and Interview.
The process can be divided into 2 phases
Phase 1: Composite score is taken into consideration for all candidates in the first shortlist, the weights for the parameters are fixed at Pre-PI stage as follows : CAT = 40, 10th board = 20, 12th board = 10, Bachelors = 20, Gender Diversity = 2, Work Experience / Professional Course (whichever weight is higher) = 8.
The 40 points for CAT are derived from the performance in each of the three sections as follows: Verbal & Reading Comprehension (VARC) - 14 points, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) - 16 points, and Quantitative Aptitude (QA) - 10 points.
Based on the composite score calculated, IIM-B decides on the internal composite score cut-off- and calls all the aspirants above the cut-off for an interview. Approximately 1,500 students are called out for- and admit is provided eventually to 450 students.
Phase 2: WAT and PI
WAT: The topics chosen will typically draw on issues and developments that relate to current socio-political, economic and business affairs, though other topics such as sports and those that require more creative thinking may also be included. The time provided for the WAT will typically be about 30 minutes. An independent evaluator will award marks out of 10 to WAT.
IIM Bangalore WAT Topics
- Traditional rote based learning (memorization techniques) are largely replaced by modern activity based learning systems. Compare the two of them and discuss the merits and demerits of each.
- Should AI be regulated?
- India is going to be the world's most populous country in the world. What in your opinion would be an effect on agriculture and clothing.
- India's middle class is growing rapidly with 29% in 2015 to 44% in 2025 according to a McKinsey report. Discuss its implications on the economy and society
- IMF Chief economist pointed out that farm loan waiver is not a solution to the farmer distress in India. Explain the situation in light of the recent election manifesto.
- Universal Basic Income has been in the news recently. What would be the challenges in implementing such a scheme in India?
PI: During the interview, the panel will evaluate each candidate's academic background, quality of work experience and other personal traits. Each interviewer will use the Personal Interview to comprehensively evaluate the candidate's motivation and ability to fit in to and benefit from the PGP. The average of the scores given by the interviewers in the personal interview will be used in calculating the multi factor score based on which offers of admission will be finally made.
Final Composite Scores:
Final Offers will be rolled out on the basis of final composite score including WAT and PI.
The WAT score (weight = 10), and the Personal interview score (weight = 30) will be added to the following scores to arrive at the final composite scores. CAT (weight = 25), 10th board (weight = 10), 12th board (weight 5), Bachelors (weight = 10), Weighted Work Experience/ Professional qualification (weight = 10).
IIM Bangalore Placement Process
After the completion of the Post Graduate Programme in Management, students can postpone placement to pursue their entrepreneurial venture.
IIM Bangalore witnessed participation from 190 recruiters who extended 220 different roles to the PGP batch of 2022. To get an idea of how placement process is spread out during the program, please look at the calendar below:
|Pre Placement Talks for Summer Placements||September 7, 2022- November 3, 2022|
|Summer Placements Interviews||November 8 – November 13, 2022|
|Summer Internship Schedule||April- May 2022|
|Pre- Placement Talks and Interviews for Lateral Placements||December – February 2022|
|Pre- Placement Talks for Final Placements||December – February 2022|
|Final Placement Interviews||February 14- February 19, 2022|
Students at IIM-B are placed through 3 processes which happen at different stages through the course of the year
- Summer placements: After 1st year, the students are required to join an organization for 8-10 weeks. The companies conduct a few rounds of interviews and case studies in the Month of November. Each company gets a chance to evaluate the interns over a long period in a real business situation and make pre-placement offers based on this evaluation. A number of companies have used these internships as a key source for full-time hires. It also helps students to be more receptive to market needs, and in deciding their area of specialization in the second year.
This acts as a major entry point for Management Consultancy firms and top tier Banks.
- Lateral Placements: The Lateral Placement Program at IIMB addresses the increasing need of corporates for management students with prior work experience. Lateral Recruitments are similar to graduate recruitments but are conducted over a more extended period of time keeping in mind the inherent requirements of such a process. The companies are free to undertake any specialized kind of intensive selection process as per their convenience. Candidates with more than 18 months of work experience only are eligible for the Lateral Recruitment process.
- Final placements: Happen during the last term of the graduating year. Here, all the final offers are rolled out. The IIM Bangalore aims to finish this process in 2 days.
- A total of 524 students received 662 job offers. The number of offers extended increased by 37% year-on-year.
- A total of 137 recruiters participated in the final placements process at IIM Bangalore.
- A total of 6 international offers were extended to IIM Bangalore's graduating batch of 2022.
- MBB firms - McKinsey, BCG and Bain - extended a combined total of 78 offers to the batch.
- The top five lateral recruiters were Amazon (14 offers), Microsoft (12 offers), PayTM (10 offers), American Express (9 offers), and Oyo Rooms (7 offers).
- The top five pre-placement recruiters were Bain & Company (18 offers), Amazon (17 offers), the Boston Consulting Group (17 offers), Accenture Strategy (14 offers), and McKinsey & Company (12 offers).
- Management Consulting was the most sought-after sector for IIM-B's graduating batch, followed by IT/Product Management, and Ecommerce.
Companies participating in placement process with various sectors:
- Consulting: Boston Consulting Group, Accenture, McKenzie, Kearney, Bain and Company, EY, PwC, TCS, Deloitte, Infosys
- Product Management: Microsoft, OYO Rooms, Amagi Labs, Google, Razorpay, Jio, Amazon, Myntra, Adobe, Zomato, Nykaa, Flipkart, PayTM
- Finance: Goldman Sachs, Avendus Capital, Citi, Kotak, Blackstone, Barclays, Axis Bank, Bank of America
- Sales and Marketing: HUL, Asian paints, Samsung, Nykaa, Marico, Nestle, Tata Sky, Disney Star, Wipro, Pidilite, Proctor and Gamble
- Operations: Flipkart, Ola, Microsoft
- Analytics: American express, EXL, Flipkart
- General management: Adani Group, Aditya Birla Group, Emaar, Vedanta
IIM Bangalore MBA Batch Profile 2022
IIM Bangalore MBA batch 2022 comprised a total of 480 students. 81% of total students are from engineering backgrounds where a total of 16.21% are from IITs and 23.70% are from NITs. The female & male ratio of the batch was 30:70. 25% of the students are freshers and the remaining students have an average experience of 23 months. The below info-graph represents the batch profile statistics:
Life at IIM Bangalore
A day in IIM Bangalore:
Morning usually starts at 9 AM. Students generally attend classes from 10am to 4pm. 3 classes in a day, each class being 90 minutes. There is a 30 minutes gap between 2 classes. There are some submissions each week and homework submissions of one subject at least every day. Also, there are projects in most of the subjects. Most of the time is spent on those activities after classes.
After Having attended two classes, each lasting an hour and a half, you can head back to the mess hall for lunch or any eatery place. Lunch is a more relaxed affair as compared to breakfast. The students’ mess hall is the preferred place for meals for everyone here.
In the wonderful weather of Bangalore with clear skies and a gentle breeze, you can have our lunch out in the open area just near the mess.
Following lunch, you can head back to your room for a short nap and leave the day’s planning for later and prepare yourself for remaining class and evening chill out.
Evenings are generally active when students come back from their classes and engage in leisure activities such as playing basketball prior to working on projects with their respective groups.
There are 34 student clubs which cater to various needs of students and each student has to be part of at least two clubs and after the classes are over they need to work on several event-related activities. Generally, the events take place during the evening and the preparation and group meetings take place after 12 pm and continue till 3 am.
Accommodation at IIMB consists of hostel blocks, one executive block and the executive accommodation at the Management Development Center, popularly known as MDC.
- For PGP students, IIM Bangalore has 16 hostel blocks from A to P. Of these A to J are old hostel blocks and K to P are new blocks. All the hostel rooms are single occupancy and are of sufficient size. All the rooms have Lan ports available along with the wifi connectivity.
- Difference between Old and New Block
- There is no balcony in the old block, also- the rooms are smaller when compared to New block. However, the old campus has a heritage look when compared to the new block.
- Other arrangements include:
- 24 hour Internet connectivity, fully automatic washing machines, music room, and recreation room are standard features.
- Laundry and ironing services are also provided.
- The hostels also have an intercom facility, which is linked to the institute intercom.
- There is also a student-run library, music club and store in the hostel premises.
- The institute provides a guest room facility for visitors
- Dining and canteen facilities are provided for each type of accommodation
Please note that students may opt to live off-campus in the second year by making their own arrangements.
IIM Bangalore Year at a glance
Year 1: Until Summer Placements
Up until Summer Placements, things are fairly busy (November). Along with academic obligations, students start to work on resumes, get ready for interviews, attend company presentations, and finish the job assigned by the respective clubs joined.
It also takes some getting used to the academics. Classes are from 10 AM to 4 PM. Students can have surprise quizzes and tests between the lectures. The majority of assignments have a due date of 11:59 PM. Hence the second half is consumed by assignments, simulations or club activities.
But the quizzes and random tests are aligned and you are expected to keep up with the subject matter. The tutorial classes are provided by the seniors- which acts as a most important learning. The alums are generally from the second year- and it is rightly said “no one can teach you better other than one who was there in the first place”.
After the placements, the environment for academics is relatively less rigorous.
Some students take on positions of responsibility on campus, while others participate in exchange or dual degree programmes.
People begin preparing in October or November for the final placements, which begin around January and last until February (if they are sitting for placements).
IIM Bangalore Social Life:
- Chill place: There are multiple places- Parikrama, L Square (party place)- there are small grounds in the hostel where people sit and chill.
- 2 Business fests: Eximious and Vista (#1 business fest in the country)- people come from startups and from big companies- Raghuram Rajan came in last year. There are a lot of case comps and simulations that go around. IIMB has recently inaugurated Eximius 2022 and keynote speakers include Ramanan Ramanathan, First Mission Director for Atal Innovation Mission and Additional Secretary at NITI Aayog
- Then there are cultural fests as well, ex: footloose, Unmaad- students come from every college closeby, passes are sold out in advance. The Unmaad festival includes events like ‘Kissa kaviyo Ka’ , ‘Mono Dramatic’, ‘Bolly in the House’, ‘Wordsworth’, NH Biz, Science, Tech Quiz. For Unmaad 2022, leading speakers were Dr Subramainaym Swami, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Gauranga Das (Bhakti Shastri, Monk and Motivational Speaker).
- The Alum committee also organizes sessions, tea chats, and mentorship. Small events happen throughout the year, war of sections, AARAMBH (Orientation week)- and everything is student run.
IIM Bangalore Sports
IIIM Bangalore offers a perfect blend of sports and academics to ensure the all-round development of every student.
IIM Bangalore constructed a new sports complex in 2016 which provided a swimming pool, squash rooms for students and executives.
Other facilities include:
- IIM Bangalore also has a big ground with a perimeter roughly equal to 600 meters which can easily host cricket and football.
- There are games such as basketball, tennis, volleyball, and box cricket grounds or the court in the block near the campus
- There is a indoor badminton court anf two courts for local sport tsepak
- The sports complex is also equipped with a state-of-the-art gymnasium which easily hosts around 70 people at a time.
- There are regular yoga sessions planned and everyone is allowed to join
- The beautiful campus also has a marathon track and it conducts yearly marathons for the past five years
IIM Bangalore Other facilities
Computer center, internet and e-mail access, library, photocopying facilities, bank, locker, post office, book store, cafeteria, snack bar, store for general supplies, fruit & vegetable shop, travel agency, medical center, saloon, laundry service, clubs for social and professional interaction, sports & cultural activities.
24-hour canteens are the life lines of the campus. Typically students have 2 AM and 5 AM Maggi and dosa. Simultaneously students get to understand the value of deadlines together at the canteens.
IIM Bangalore Student Exchange
Each year, IIM-B sends approximately 40% of the batch to partner institutes for a term.
With over a 100 partner universities spanning across the globe, the exchange programme aims at providing global exposure to the students and understanding the culture of the country they would be visiting.
The selection of students for the exchange is clearly based on the academic performance. If you perform academically better, you will be allotted higher bid points for electives and Student exchange college selection.
- The bidding would take place in Term 3, and the top bidders will be allotted the colleges.
- In term 4, you will be required to carry out your Visa process for the exchange.
- In term 5, you will be joining the college for your choice for 8-10 weeks.
|The American University in Cairo, Egypt||Management Center Innsbruck, Austria|
|Guanghua School of Management, Peking University, China||KU Leuven, Belgium|
|HKUST (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology), China||Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management, Belgium|
|School of Business, Renmin University of China||University of Economics Prague, Czech Republic|
|Graduate School of Management of Kyoto University, Japan||Copenhagen Business School, Denmark|
|ICS Hitotsubashi, Japan||Waseda Business School , Waseda University, Japan|
|Aalto School of Economics, Finland||University of Vaasa, Finland|
|Asian Institute of Management, Philippines||Audencia Business School, France|
|EDHEC Business School, France||KAIST College of Business, South Korea|
|Curtin University, Australia||Macquarie University Australia|
|European Business School, International University Oestrich, Germany||Friedrich - Alexander University Erlangen- Nuremberg, Germany|
|UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, Dublin, Ireland||University Commerciale L Bocconi University, Italy|
|Maastricht University, Netherlands||Warsaw School of Economics, Poland|
|ISCTE Business School, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal||EADA- Escuela de Alta Direccion Y Administracion, Spain|
|ESIC Business and Marketing School, Spain||Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm, Sweden|
|HEC Lausanne, University of Lausanne Switzerland||University of Geneva, Switzerland|
|FGV-EAESP, Brazil||John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, Canada|
|EGADE Business School, Mexico||IPADE Business School, Mexico|
|Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, USA||NYU Stern School of Business, USA|
IIM Bangalore Double Degree Program
IIM Bangalore has double-degree programme agreement with about three International schools such as ESCP Europe Business School (Paris, France), Bocconi University (Milano, Italy) and Hitotsubashi University Business School (Japan)
The chosen students spend the first academic year of their DD Program exchange at their home institution before transferring to the host institution for the following year. After meeting the academic standards specified by the institutions, this cooperation makes it easier for students taking part in the DD Program to achieve two academic degrees.
IIM-B provides a limited number of seats for this program- usually capped at 10 seats per cohort.
Please note: Only Tuition fees are covered in the Double degree program. Students would have to incur VISA costs, traveling, accommodation etc.
IIM Bangalore Living Expenses
Campus Accomodation expense is covered in the total fees paid by the applicant. Other expenses at IIM Bangalore includes:
- Mess Food: INR 30,000 is to be paid as mess advance for every term. Since a term is usually 3 month, the expense for the month would be INR 10,000
- Estimate of academic expenses: Books, course materials or registration costs could range from INR 4,000- INR 6,000 every term
- Library charges, printing of documents, health insurance, local transportation: You can approximate INR 1,000 in a term for printing of documents and library
However, there is one important thing to note: Quickpay, an online payment network is entitled to everyone at IIM Bangalore. All the payments at Groceries stores and other facilities are carried out through Quickpay. The administration puts a certain amount of money in your Quickpay account- 15k per term, compensating for living expenses. This helps students to meet the living expenses on the campus. Students can be seen eagerly waiting to top up in Quickpay balance at the end of every semester.
IIM Bangalore Scholarship
There are a number of scholarships awarded to the students of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore upon fulfilling a basic criteria. The various types of scholarships offered are:
Privately Offered Scholarships:
- Aditya Birla Scholarship: The scholarship is offered to the students in 1st as well as 2nd year. It's a merit-based scholarship of PGP students and the amount is INR 1.75 Lakh per student.
- OPJEMS Scholarship: This merit-based scholarship is given to PGP students of the second year. The first ten toppers of 2nd year based on the academic performance in the first year are eligible to apply on the basis of online test conducted by OP Jindal Group one student of each academic year will be awarded. The scholarship amount is INR 1.50 lakh
- Siddhartha Padam Award: This scholarship is awarded to a PGP student who is on the Director’s Merit List and gets the highest CGPA in the Economics, Finance & Accounting core courses in the first year. It carries a cash prize of INR 50,000, a medallion and a certificate.
- Hindustan Unilever / T Thomas Scholarship: This merit-cum-means scholarship is given by HUL to one PGP second-year student. The scholarship of INR 1 lakh
- Yes Bank Scholarship: This scholarship of INR 2 lakhs is open to students who are among the top 20 students as per the admission criteria, belong to the top 20% of the batch based on the current CGPA and are members of at least one student committee. Read More
IIMB Alumni Scholarships:
- IIMB PGP Alumni First Batch (1976) Scholarship: This scholarship is given to a differently-abled woman student from PGP. The scholarship aims to assist a differently-abled female student (or male student, if there is no eligible female student). The scholarship carries a purse of INR 75000, a medallion and a certificate.
- Runwal Education Trust Scholarship: This scholarship is given to a PGP student based on a combination of academic performance in the 1st year and the student’s financial need. The scholarship carries a purse of INR 100000, a medallion and a certificate.
Government Funded Scholarships:
- NTPC Scholarship Scheme: The scholarship amounts to INR 48,000 per year. Students who belong to SC/ST/PwD categories and are in their second year of management studies, having passed the first-year examination in one attempt, are eligible for the scholarship.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs Scholarship (ST): The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India invites applications for the National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Tribe students of PGP first year. This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Scholarship (SC): The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Government of India invites applications for the National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Caste students from Meritorious SC students PGP first year. This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Department of Persons with Disabilities (PwD): A person with a disability having not less than 40% disability and having a disability certificate issued by any competent medical authority. This means scholarship is 2,55,000 per year.
IIM Bangalore Admission Stories
|Name||CAT Percentile||Work Experience||Graduation score||Link|
|Sanchit Sachdeva||99||ZS, 4||90|
|Rakesh Rangdal||99.21||Intel, 2 years, analog engineer||8.26|
|Bharghvi Prajapati||99||JP Morgan Chase & Co. 2 Years, Technology Analyst||94.7|
IIM Bangalore Alumni
Our 12,000+ alumni who received degrees (or equivalent qualifications) from IIMB are making significant contributions across sectors and across the world as are the thousands of professionals who have attended our executive education programmes.
Hitesh Oberoi (PGP 1996) Co-Promoter, MD and CEO, Info Edge India Ltd: says “I am deeply indebted to IIMB, the faculty and my batchmates for equipping me with the necessary knowledge, tools and relationships which not only helped me navigate the real world but also contributed immensely to my success”
Rajkumar D (PGP 1984) Chairman and MD, BPCL, says “IIMB has played a pivotal role in shaping my personality. My years at IIMB widened my perspective to meet challenging business requirements. We were adequately groomed to deal with any eventuality – the fear of the unknown being alien to us”
Other Top Alumnis from IIM Bangalore include:
|Dr. K. Radhakrishnan||PGP - 1976||Chairman at ISRO from 2009 till 2014 (Worked on Chandrayaan – 2 and Indian Human Spaceflight initiatives), Padma Bhushan (2014)|
|Ms. Jyotsna Sitling||PGPPM - 2011||CEO Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority|
|Gopal Krishna Nayak||PGP - 1988||Director at IIT Bhubaneswar (teacher, researcher and consultant at XIME, Bhubaneswar for almost 29 years)|
|Ravi Subramanian||PGP - 1993||Author and Noted Columnist; Written Popular Trilogy- ‘The Incredible Banker’, ‘The Bankster’ and ‘Bankerupt’|
|Malavika Harita||PGP - 1982||Founder & Heads Saatchi & Saatchi Focus|
IIM Bangalore Faculty
IIM Bangalore has the best teachers among any other B-schools in the country. The Faculty: Student ratio of IIM Bangalore is 1:5, slightly higher than IIM Bangalore’s ratio of 1:4.
IIMB has 140+ faculty members who are actively engaged in teaching, full-time research, policy formulation, case writing and consulting.
IIM Chair of excellence includes:
|Rejie George Pallathitta||Strategy||
|Haritha Saranga||Production and operation||
|U Dinesh Kumar||Decision science||Published more than 70 research articles in leading academic journals.His case studies are used by more than 220 institutions across over 70 countries in the world. He has authored four books.|
Other prominent faculty members include:
Ques. Can I get direct entry into IIM Bangalore?
Ans. Students can take admission in these institutes including IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, Kolkata, Indore, Kozhikode, Lucknow among other institutes based on the CAT score. There is no provision of directly getting into IIM bangalore.
Ques. How can I get a free seat in IIM Bangalore?
Ans. Most of the IIMs have some scholarship programs where they waive off some fees for economically weak students. If you meet those criteria you would certainly get the scholarship. There are also many merit based scholarships from state and central government and some private organizations. Check:
Ques. How is the PGPEM different from the PGP at IIM Bangalore?
Ans. The IIM Bangalore PGPEM Course is focused on mid-career and senior executives. PGP Course has a focus on professionals at the entry levels. While some participants have work experience, a majority of the participants are freshers.
Ques. Is it compulsory for MBA students to stay in a hostel at IIM Bangalore?
Ans. Yes, you have to reside at the hostel once you get enrolled for the course at IIM Bangalore. It is mandatory for first-year students to stay in the campus hostel. However, you can choose to shift to off-campus accommodation in the second year. Check:
Ques. What are the selection criteria for International Candidates at IIM Bangalore?
Ans. IIM Bangalore MBA International Admission is conducted via GMAT score. Interested candidates can submit a direct application. The final selection is based on following components performance:
- GMAT score
- Scholastic Achievement
- Work Experience
- Writing Ability Test Performance
Ques. What are the scholarships available at IIM Bangalore?
Ans. The scholarships available for IIM Bangalore Students are:
- Aditya Birla Scholarship: Top 25% students of first year are awarded with INR 1.75 Lakhs Per student.
- OPJEMS Scholarship: 2nd Year PGP students and 10 toppers of the class eligible for this scholarship. It awards INR 1.50 Lakhs. OP Jindal Group conducts online tests and selects one student in each academic year.
- Financial Aid: IIM Bangalore offers Financial Aids to PGP Stdunest with Family Income below INR 8 LPA. The Aid offers financial need scores providing 100%, 80%, 60%, 40% or 20% financial aid. Check
Ques. Which is better at IIM Bangalore weekend or full-time MBA?
Ans. Both the courses offered at IIM Bangalore have their plus points.
Full time MBA:
- Applicants ideal are fresh graduates with bare minimum work experience.
- Placement opportunities are available in abundance.
- 2 years is the course duration.
- Would not require candidates to quit their jobs.
- Classes can be attended as per convenience.
- Not very good job prospects.
For more details .
Ques. Does IIM Bangalore consider Gender Diversity in MBA shortlisting?
Ans. Yes, IIM Bangalore provides 2% extra weightage to female candidates under gender diversity during the MBA final shortlist. In the 2021-23 MBA batch of IIM Bangalore, 51.11% are male and 48.89% are female having around the same ratio of boys and girls.
Ques. What is the seat capacity of IIM Bangalore as of now?
Ans. In 2022, a total of 677 MBA candidates were shortlisted. Out of the total intake, 27% of the seats are reserved for NC-OBC, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST candidates, 5% for PwD, and up to 10% for EWS are reserved.
Ques. Does IIM Bangalore offer an international exchange programme to its students?
Ans. Yes, IIM Bangalore has a vibrant Student Exchange Programme with its various partner universities across Europe, North America, Australia, Asia, and South America. The institute involves a deep engagement with the international network, Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM), which mainly comprises 32 recognized business schools around the world.
Ques. Does IIM Bangalore offer placement to its Executive MBA students also?
Ans. Yes, the placement facility is also open for the EMBA students at the IIM Bangalore campus. During IIM Bangalore EMBA Placement 2022, 30 recruiters visited the campus. Major recruiters included Accenture, Bain & Company, BCS, Conga, Flipkart etc. 71 students got placed through campus out of 75 students. IIM Bangalore EMBA average salary stood at INR 30.90 LPA & the EMBA median salary stood at INR 30 LPA.
Ques. Where do the IIM Bangalore Doctoral Program students get placed after successful completion of the course?
Ans. After successful completion of the Doctoral Program at IIM Bangalore, the participants are given training for careers in research. Such training in research areas is most highly sought after by academic institutions. But leading Indian companies, MNCs, investment banks and consulting firms also offer certain positions requiring specialized research skills.
Ques. Can I get a single room in IIM Bangalore Hostel?
Ans. Yes, IIM Bangalore provides accommodation to all students on campus in well-appointed single rooms in the hostels. There are also student-run library, music club and store in the IIM Bangalore Hostel Premises.