Lady Shri Ram College is one of the constituent colleges of Delhi University. It is accredited with a grade ‘A’ by the NAAC and is ranked 4th in the Arts category by India Today 2022. Likewise, LSR is ranked 5th in College category by the NIRF 2022. It is also approved by the UGC and is recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)..
Lady Shri Ram college offers UG and PG courses in numerous departments including Computer Science, English, Economics, etc. A total of 25 courses are offered by LSR college in the UG and PG programme. Admission into the UG programme is now based on the , followed by e-counseling. For admissions into the PG courses candidates are required to appear for the entrance examination which is conducted by the Delhi University as well.
Lady Shri Ram College also has a placement cell which helps students connect with recruiters for internships and jobs. The placement cell organizes placement drives for the students and invites top companies for recruitment. Some of those companies include Bain & Company, Citibank, FTI Consulting, etc. The highest salary package offered last year in the LSR College placement drive stood at INR 30 LPA. The average salary package stood at INR 9.4 LPA.
In addition Lady Shri Ram college provides its students with various facilities as well which helps make their educational experience better. The college provides students with hostel facilities with 300 seats for accommodation with an approximate fee of INR 60,000. Check: . The college also provides its students with scholarship benefits for those who are above merit or are financially unstable. In order to avail this, students must go through an interview round.Check: Along with that, LSR has a library and a counseling cell also
Lady Shri Ram College Quick Updates
- Lady Shri Ram College is ranked 4th in Arts, 13th in Science and 3rd in Commerce category by India Today, 2021.
- LSR has collaborations with the Universities of India and abroad. The college has an office of international programmes which provides the best opportunities pursuing post graduation from the abroad universities.
- Lady Shri Ram college has a placement cell which works dedicatedly which includes inviting the top recruiters and preparing the students for the placement drives. Companies like Bain & Co, Kepler Cannon, IDInsights, Boston Consulting Group etc participated in the placement drives organized by the college. The highest package offered INR 3.78 LPA.
Lady Shri Ram College Cut Off 2021 (General)
|Course||1st Cut-off 2021 (Gen)||2nd Cut-off 2021 (Gen)||3rd Cut-off 2021 (Gen)||Special Cutoff 2021 (Gen)||4th Cutoff 2021 (Gen)||5th Cutoff 2021 (Gen)||2nd Special Drive Cutoff 2021 (Gen)||2nd Special Drive Cutoff 2021 (Gen)|
|BA (H) Political Science||99.75%||99.50%||99%||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) Psychology||99.75%||99.50%||99.25%||99.25%||99%||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) Economics||99.50%||99.50%||99%||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|B.A Programme (Political Science+Psychology)||99.50%||99.50%||99.50%||99.50%||99.50%||99.25%||98%||97|
|B.A Programme (Psychology+Sociology)||99.25%||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
Lady Shri Ram College Rankings & Accreditations
- LSR is ranked 5th in the College category by NIRF Ranking 2022.
- LSR is ranked 2nd in the College category by NIRF Ranking 2021
- Lady Shri Ram is ranked 4th in Arts stream by India Today, 2021.
- LSR is ranked 3rd in the Commerce category by India Today, 2021.
- India Today ranks LSR 13th ranking in Science streams, 2021.
- Outlook ranks LSR 3rd position in Science category, 2021.
- The college holds 1st rank in Arts stream in the Outlook, 2021.
- The Week ranks LSR 2nd rank in Commerce and Arts categories, 2021.
- Lady Shri Ram College is accredited by NAAC Grade 'A+'.
- LSR is approved by UGC.
- Lady Shri Ram is affiliated to Delhi University.
Lady Shri Ram College Courses & Fees
The details of the courses at Lady Shri Ram college are as follows:
|Courses||Course Details||Selection Criteria|
|Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must pass 10+2 level from a recognized board
Fees: INR 63,870
|Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Students need to pass 10+2 level
Fees: INR 47,610
|Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must pass 10+2 level with PCM combination from a recognized board
Fees: INR 62,010
|Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants should pass 10+2 level
Fees: INR 59,610
|Duration: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: Students must pass intermediate graduation from a recognized board
Fees: INR 78,120
|Admission is based on the obtained qualified score in CIE|
|Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must pass a graduation in related subjects with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university
Fees: INR 35,952
|Merit Based/ DUET Scores|
|Duration: 1 year
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must pass 10+2 level
Lady Shri Ram College Admission Process 2022
LSR College offers several courses under the UG programme, all of which are offered under multiple disciplines. Admission to these courses are based on the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) score. Candidates can apply via the online registration method from the official website @cuet.samarth.ac.in. The application fees for CUET is INR 600 for the general category and INR 550 for SC/ST/PWbD/ category.
- Admission toLSR College UG Programme courses be granted on the basis of the candidate’s CUET score followed by e-counselling.
- Candidates are required to register for e-counselling via the online platform. E-counselling will contain 2 rounds where students will be able to choose the college that they want to opt for.
- Students will be granted admission based on their CUET scores.
- Sports and Extracurricular Activities Candidates will be required to appear for a performance test along with the CUET entrance examinations.
- Selection of candidates for ECA will be made on a combination of CUET examination score and the candidate’s performance test.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 25 percent score on their CUET and a minimum of 75 percent score on their performance test.
Admission to the PG courses are granted as per the DUET examination score. Candidates who wish to seek admission to the PG courses can apply via the online portal by creating a login ID and password. Candidates will be required to pay a fee of INR 500 for each application.
Lady Shri Ram College Application Process
Candidates seeking admission to the UG program must register to CUET by visiting the official website of NTA. For admission to the PG program, students should appear in the DUET & the application can be filled in online mode. For PG Diploma SRCC conducts an entrance test. The application process will be different for UG, PG, and PG Diploma programs at LSR College:
- Candidates must visit the official website of Delhi University & choose the correct admission portal.
- Register with a valid email id and mobile number
- On the registered email-id all the credentials will be given & applicants can access the application form.
- The application form should be filled in with academic & personal details.
- Choose the desired course and submit the application form with the requisite fees and scanned copies of documents.
- In the case of PG admissions, applicants must opt for both entrance and merit options for admission.
- If candidates are applying for more than one course then it is advised that applicants must use one email id per application.
- Applicants must keep a hard copy of the application form for future reference.
Lady Shri Ram College Placement
Lady Shri Ram college has a placement cell which serves as the interface between the students and recruiters. The placement cell makes the students eligible for the upcoming new ventures in the corporate world. The cell not only invites the renowned companies but also organizes workshops, seminars, internship opportunities for the aspirants. The placement cell has five coordinators, two sub-coordinators, Research & Training Head and a Treasurer who works with efficiency to give the students better opportunities.
The highlights of last year placement drives:
|No. of Companies participated at the Placement drives||100|
|No. of Companies hosted for Internships||302|
|No. of Final Placement Offers made||110|
|No. of Final Internship Offers made||390|
|Highest Placement Offer||INR 30 LPA|
|Highest Internship Offer||INR 2,25,000 for 5 weeks|
|Average Placement Offer||INR 9.4 LPA|
Top companies participated and offered placements, internships and fellowships at the campus drives:
|McKinsey & Company||LEK Consulting|
|Bain & Company||EY Parthenon|
|Bank of America||JSW|
|Teach For India||EY|
|Hindustan Unilever||Yes Bank|
Departments wise placement offers:
Lady Shri Ram College Facility
- Scholarship: Numerous scholarships and freeships facilities are available at LSR. To get these facilities students need to go through an interview process so that only economically poor candidates can avail these scholarships and freeship aids. The scholarships are given by Shri Manohar Shyam Joshi Scholarship, Ward Welfare, KPMG, G.L. Bansal, ELSA and Shri Onkar Nath Pandit scholarship among several others. The existing students are awarded freeship aids. Check:
- Library: LSR provides the students the best kind of facilities at the library. The library is totally computerized. There is a good stock of books. Over 1 lacs collection is included in the library and some of the books are even written by the LSR Faculty members. The library has subscriptions of 150 national and international journals. LSR is making the library one of the best largest selections in the University of Delhi. There is also a Web Junction in the library.
- Hostel: LSR hostel facilities can only be availed by the UGC students who are out of station. Based on ‘merit and need’ LSR College has 300 seats for accommodation. The total number of hostel facilities are divided into departments, approximately 2-4 people per department get a room facility. The hostel fee is approximately INR 60,000. Check:
- Counselling Cell: Lady Shri Ram College owns a counselling cell which includes personal counselling and career counselling department. For the personal counselling cell there is a qualified professional, hired by LSR college who visits the college once a week to counsel students psychologically and emotionally. Career counselling can be availed during the admission process by the departmental professors regarding which course to pursue.
- Sports: LSR offers impressive sports facilities. The college has numerous sports teams like Athletics, Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Chess, Air Rifle Shooting, Air Pistol Shooting, Swimming, Volleyball, Squash, Judo, Lawn Tennis, Table Tennis, Artistic Gymnastics, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Golf and Equestrian. LSR participates in various sports events at the National and International level.
Other facilities the college provides
- Auditorium & Seminar Rooms
- Computer & Statistics Lab
- Medical Room
Lady Shri Ram College FAQs
Ques. Does LSR consider extracurricular activities( ECA ) admissions based on sports and performing arts?
Ques. Can a student change the subject combination to B.A. programme after enrolling for LSR?
Ques. What internship opportunities does LSR offer?
Ques. How are the faculty members of LSR?
Ques. What is the function of the entrepreneurship cell at LSR?