Established in 1972, Lala Lajpat Rai College of Commerce and Economics is one of the oldest educational institutions located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The college offers 7 courses at UG level, namely B.Com, B.M.S., BAMMC, B.A.F, B.B.I, B.Sc. IT and B.F.M, M.Com, and Ph.D. Additionally, the institute also offers various certificate and vocational courses. Lala Lajpat Rai College of Commerce and Economics is accredited with “A” Grade by NAAC. The admission criteria for various courses offered are merit-based, except for Ph.D. courses.
Lala Lajpat Rai College Mumbai Highlights
|Established | Type||1972 | Private|
|Accredited to||NAAC “A” Grade|
|Courses Offered||7 courses at UG level 1 course at PG level Ph.D. course Certificate courses Vocational courses|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based & PET for Ph.D. courses|
|Facilities||Auditorium, Library, Computer Lab, Seminar Hall|
Lala Lajpat Rai College Mumbai Courses
Various courses offered at Lala Lajpat Rai College of Commerce and Economics, along with its details is given below:
|B.M.S.||Management Studies||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with a minimum of 45% marks
Selection: Merit of marks secured in the qualifying exam
|B.Com||General, Accounting & Finance|
|BAMMC||Multimedia and Mass Communication|
|B.B.I.||Banking and Insurance|
|M.Com.||Commerce||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Com/BMS with a minimum of 50%
Selection: Merit of marks secured in the qualifying exam
Lala Lajpat Rai College Mumbai Admission
Admissions at Lala Lajpat Rai Commerce and Economics are sought through merit basis of marks secured by a candidate in the qualifying exam for UG and PG courses. The admissions are done on merit basis after the closure of application form time.
How to Apply?
- Collect admission application form, pay relevant fees, completely fill, and attach relevant documents.
- For Ph.D. admissions, the candidate is required to go through an entrance exam PET.
- The admission procedure is carried out by filling up the application forms made available on the official website.
- On the basis of the marks in PET, admission is given for the students.
Lala Lajpat Rai College Mumbai Placement
The college has a dedicated Placement Cell which aims to prepare students for various difficulties and help them to grow. It also guides the students for aptitude test, Group Discussion rounds, to clear HR rounds and dressing style. It keeps on updating the students with various vacancies. Some of the top recruiters for the college in the 2018-19 session are Aditya Birla Capital, Bajaj Finserv, TCS, and Capgemini. A total of 147 students got placed in the placement drive for 2018-19.
Lala Lajpat Rai College Mumbai Scholarship
Various scholarship schemes offered at Lala Lajpat Rai College of Commerce and Economics are given below:
- Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulkh Shishyavrutti Scheme: Scholarship up to INR 8 lakhs for students securing more than 60% marks and family income is less than 6 lakhs
- Education Concession to the Children of Ex-servicemen: Applicable for students of Miltary Ex-servicemen, studying in Maharashtra only.
- Eklavya Scholarship: Maharashtra resident students, securing more than 60% in Law/Commerce/Arts and 70% in Science and whose family income is less than INR 75,000 per annum.
Some of the other scholarships prevalent are the Scholarship to Meritorious students possessing Mathematics/Physics and the Jawaharlal Nehru University Scheme.
Lala Lajpat Rai College Mumbai Facilities
The college campus is built with great infrastructure providing major facilities to the students as well as the staff of the college. Some of the facilities available at the college include:
- Auditorium: The college campus consists of an auditorium with a capacity of 650 students at a time. It is fully air-conditioned and the music system is already installed for concerts and various programs.
- Library: Students can make use of the college library which currently has over 39,000 books and a collection of over 66 periodicals. Different reference books for students are made available at the library.
- Computer Lab: The college also has a computer lab consisting of various computers with i3 & i5 processors. The internet facility is also provided at the college campus using 12 MBPS Hathway Leased line and a broadband connection of 4 MBPS via MTNL.
- Seminar Hall: Various seminars and other small gatherings take place at the seminar hall. It is usually used as a conference room for the college.
Lala Lajpat Rai College Mumbai Faculty
The faculty at Lala Lajpat Rai College of Commerce and Economics consists of a well-trained team of 72 professors. All of them have accomplished a Master's degree in their respective specializations. The staffs are very cooperative in nature and try their level best to simplify things for the slow learners of the class.
Lala Lajpat Rai College Mumbai FAQs
Ques. How can I fill the application form for B.Com in this college?
Ans. You can fill the application form by visiting the college. Please make sure that you fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for B.com before filling the form.
Ques. Where is the library situated at this college?
Ans. The college library is situated on the second floor with a spacious reading hall. You can make use of the library as per college timings.
Ques. Is good food available at the college canteen?
Ans. Yes, quality-assured food is available at the college canteen. It has a seating capacity for about 100 students at a time.
Ques. Can I pay fees on online internet banking? Or do I need to open a local bank account?
Ans. The students can pay the fees using net banking also. The link for the same is provided on the official website of the college.
Ques. Can I apply through the sports category at this college?
Ans. Yes, you can apply through the sports category at this college. Make sure you have the required certificates for the same.