Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics (NMCCE), Mumbai was established in the year 1964 by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM). The college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC). NMCCE has been re-accredited by NAAC with Grade ‘A’.
At present, Narsee Monjee is offering various UG and PG courses in the field of Commerce and Economics. Admissions to all the UG and PG courses are purely based on merit as per the University of Mumbai guidelines. The college also offers certificate courses for working professionals. Check
Narsee Monjee provides placement and internship opportunities to the final-year students by organizing on-campus placement drives. The highest salary package offered at Narsee Monjee is INR 9 LPA, while the average CTC stood at INR 6 LPA. KPMG, Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, IIFL, Direct, JP Morgan, PWC, and ICICI Bank are some of the top recruiters associated with NMCCE.
Note: Mumbai University merit list 2022 will be released soon. Candidates applying for admission can check the college-wise cutoff .
Narsee Monjee Key Highlights
- Narsee Monjee was awarded the first rank as the Best Commerce College city-wise, Mumbai, Best Commerce College, West Zone, and All India Best College With Value For Money by India Today.
- The college have signed an MoU with the Bombay Industries Association (BIA) to strengthen its Academia industry linkage and open new avenues for its students.
- The college offers training and career guidance to students from the first year of degree college which covers different aspects like self-development, communication skills, goal setting, stress management, interview skills, leadership, etc.
- NMCCE has its own Internal Quality Assurance Cell which ensures and monitors improvement in the institute’s academic & administrative performance.
Narsee Monjee Courses & Fees
|INR 35,000 (1st Year Fees)|
|INR 32,000 (1st Year Fees)|
|INR 40,000 (1st Year Fees)|
|Eligibility: B.Com Degree
|INR 32,000 (1st Year Fees)|
Narsee Monjee Cutoff 2021 (Released)
|B.Com (Accounting & Finance)||97.20|
Narsee Monjee Placement
Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics (NMCCE), Mumbai has a dedicated training & placement cell that helps students get placed in some top-notch companies. The cell also conducts mock interviews and group discussions so that students can easily crack the selection process during the placement drives. The highest salary package offered at Narsee Monjee is INR 9 LPA, while the average CTC stood at INR 6 LPA. KPMG, Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, IIFL, Direct, JP Morgan, PWC, and ICICI Bank are some of the top recruiters associated with NMCCE.
Narsee Monjee Scholarships
Narsee Monjee provides various scholarships on the basis of both merit and need-based under the different scholarships schemes by the Government of Maharashtra. The terms & conditions for the Scholarships/ Freeships vary from Scholarship to Scholarship and the students can avail of only one Scholarship / Freeship in a year.
Following scholarships can be availed by students:
- Scholarship to the scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/ Person with Disability/ V.J.N.T. / Special Backward class (SBC)/ (OBC) other Backward Class Students.
- Award of Freeship/ Examination Fees to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ VJNT/ Special Backward Class (SBC) /Other Backward Class Students.
- Government Scholarship to Pupils of Central Sector Scheme for Undergraduate Course.
- Post Matric Scholarship to students of Minority Community. (Viz. Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, Parsi, Sikh, Jain, etc.)
- Government Free Studentship to pupils of Economically Backward Classes for Junior College.
- State Government Open Merit Scholarship.
- Education Concession to the Children of Ex-Servicemen.
- Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulka Shishyavrutti Scheme.
- Eklavya Scholarship for Post Graduate Students.
Narsee Monjee Alumni
- Nita Ambani: Chairperson and founder of the Reliance Foundation, Dhirubhai Ambani International School, and a director of Reliance Industries.
- Aamir Khan: Indian Actor
- Divyank Turakhia: Indian-born serial entrepreneur, self-made billionaire and investor, and Founder of Media.net
- Nirmal Jain: Founder and Chairman of India Infoline Group, a financial conglomerates
- Anita Donge: Indian Fashion Designer
Narsee Monjee Facilities
The well-equipped computer laboratories with 80 computers and Wi-Fi facility enhance the learning process and enable the proper conduct of University prescribed courses. The College has a seating capacity of around 300 students with a total area of about 7,400 sq. feet, where reading and learning is a bliss. Besides, the library is updated regularly. The library has a collection of:
- Books – 38866 (Net total), 65696 (Gross total)
- Periodicals – 114 (85 journals, 25 Magazines)
- CD-ROMs – 307
- Newspapers -19
The Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal has a common boy’s hostel at a distance of a half-kilometer from the college and a hostel for girls opposite Utpal Sanghavi School, which is also close to the college.
Narsee Monjee FAQs
Ques: Does Narsee Monjee College have any centers for extra or co-curricular activities?
Ans: Yes, Narsee Monjee College have several centers for extra and co-curricular activities such as Mathematics & Statistics Cell, Association of Accountancy, Finance & Investment Cell, Advertising & Marketing Circle, Brand Building Committee and many more.
Ques: Who are the top recruiters of Narsee Monjee?
Ans: The top recruiters of Narsee Monjee College are Wipro, EY, Deloitte, KPMG, PWC and several other renowned organisations take part in the drives & recruit the aspirants of NM College.
Ques:What is the review of Narsee Monjee?
Ans: The assess that Narsee Monjee college is a well known college for commerce stream. Not only academically it has good reputation but the placement record, the infrastructure, facilities all are quite commendable.
Ques:Which one is better Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics or Narsee Monjee College Institute of Management studies for B.Com?
Ans: Narsee Monjee is one of the popular colleges under affiliation of Mumbai University. NMIMS is of course a brand name but for B.Com Hons. undoubtedly N.M will be a better choice rather then NMIMS.
Ques:What are the requirements for taking admission in Narsee Monjee?
Ans: If a student is thinking to take in Narsee Monjee College, he/she must get the cutoff marks as per the college demands. At least 92% is required for taking admission in NM College.
Ques:How are the faculties of Narsee Monjee?
Ans: Narsee Monjee has best faculty members. With the leadership & guidance of teaching faculties the college has been accredited ' 'Grade A' by NAAC. It is also ranked 9th for the Commerce stream by India Today 2021.
Ques:Does Narsee Monjee provide any provision for Gujarat Minority?
Ans:Yes, Narsee Monjee college provides reservation provision for Gujarat Minority category.
Ques:What are the social initiatives that are taken by Narsee Monjee College?
Ans: Narsee Monjee College has taken several social initiatives so that the students can actively take part in social services. Few centers of NM college which has been built for these activities are Retract Club of NM, NM NSS, NMC Model United Nations Club and Enactus NM.
Ques:What are the college festivals of Narsee Monjee?
Ans: Narsee Monjee College has two festivals Umang & Insight. Umang is a intercollegiate cultural festivals & Insight is India' first BFE meet that provides the students right professional training.
Ques:How many departments Narsee Monjee College has?
Ans: Narsee Monjee college has 10+ departments under which copious courses are provided by the college. Courses like B.Com, BMS, BAF, BFM, B.Sc IT and M.Com.