CBSE Board has also made the revised marks scheme and corresponding sample paper available for English core on the website.
CBSE has introduced few major changes for CBSE 12 class English question paper in the 2019 board examinations. The changes have been introduced for English Core exam pattern that will render the question paper various from those of the last years.
- The change has been proposed based on feedback received from the different stakeholders and subsequent deliberation in the meetings of Committee of Courses of the CBSE Board and subject experts.
- Now alternately of three passages, there will only be two passages in section A.
- The typology of questions has also been modified.
- Of the two passages, there would be 9 very short answer type questions, 5 MCQs, and 3 short answer type questions from passage one.
- There will be 2 long answer type questions associated with passage two.
- The total number of questions has been decreased from 24 to 19 in the case of section A.
- Total marks attached to section A is 30 marks.
- The total number of questions in the question paper has also been decreased from 40 to 35.
CBSE has also made the improved marking scheme and corresponding sample paper ready for English (core) on the CBSE website.
Click Here: Download CBSE 12th Result 2019 | CBSE 12th Class Result 2019
CBSE English question paper to be time-friendly:
The revisions to the exam pattern are in favour of candidates who often find the English question paper long and are helpless to finish the paper in designated time.
CBSE Board exams to start in February:
Moreover, the board has selected to hold exams for 'skill education' (vocational) and similar subjects in the second half of February from next year onwards.
The exam for the core academic subjects like languages, mathematics, and science subjects will stay to be held in March.
About the Central Board of Secondary Education:
- CBSE Board was founded on November 3, 1962. It's situated at Preet Vihar, New Delhi
- Its primary function involves preparing academic programmes and organising exams, especially for 10 Class and 12 Class students.