Have you lost your board result? Here at FastResult.in, we have archived all the board's previous year results that you can check just by following the simple steps. All the steps are mentioned in detail on this page. Point to be noticed that, currently, there are 52 state-sanctioned boards in India as of now and 3 central boards. We have collected all the possible board’s results here at Fastresult.in.
We have these results in a year wise manner so you can not only check your current year results but previous year results too. Meaning, if you are in class 12 right now, then you can check your class 12 results as well as class 10 results too.
Continue reading this article to learn more about the All Board Previous Year Result.
What Is the Previous Year Result and Why Is It Important for Students and Parents?
The Previous year result is the outcome of the previous year board exam. If you have given the class 10 or class 12 board exam in previous year then you can access the result here for free of cost. Board exams are crucial and it plays an important role in making future decisions for college and stream selection.
The previous year result is important for students and parents because it gives them insights to set realistic goals, identify student’s strengths and weaknesses, and prepare effectively for future exams.
Things Required to Check Board Results
Every single board has its own method to show the results and therefore, you will be required to carry your Admit card to check previous year results. Here's a list of things required to check board results.
- Roll Number
- Roll Code/School Code
- DOB (Date of Birth)
Year Wise Previous Year Result of All Boards
Whether you want to check 2022 results or 2023 Board results, you can easily access the Previous year result of all boards in a year wise manner here for free of cost.
In order to check year wise previous year results of all boards, you have to first choose the year by clicking on the Select Year - as shown in the image above.
State Board Previous Year Results
There are 29 states and 7 union territories in India and almost all the states have their own education board that conducts the board examination for class 10 and 12. A total of 52 state-sanctioned boards are available in India right now and we at Fastresult offers students to check all the state board results easier and faster. Here’s a list of state boards whose previous year results we are currently providing.
|Board’s Name||Class 10||Class 12|
|Andhra Pradesh Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Assam Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Bihar Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Himachal Pradesh Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Jharkhand Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Kerala Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Madhya Pradesh Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Nagaland Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Rajasthan Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Telangana Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Tripura Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|UP Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|UK Board (Uttrakhand Board) Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|West Bengal Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Arunachal Pradesh Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Chhattisgarh Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Goa Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Gujarat Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Haryana Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Karnataka Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Maharashtra Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Manipur Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Meghalaya Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Mizoram Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
|Odisha Board Previous Year Result||Class 10 Result||Class 12 Result|
With time, more state boards will be added in the above table.
In order to check State Board Previous Year Results, you will be required to follow some simple steps mentioned below in detail.
How to Check Previous Year Results for State Boards?
To check Previous year results for state boards follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the FastResult.in or click here
- If you visit Fastresult.in, click on menu and then click on “Previous Year Result”
- A fresh page will load where you are required to fill some basic details such as Result year, board’s name, class and more.
- After choosing the asked details you are required to click on “Check Result Now”
- After clicking on Check Result Now, it will redirect you to another page to enter your Roll Number or Roll Code and in some cases both to check your previous year result.
UP Board Previous Year Results
The UP Board results are generally released in April, but in the rare case it could be 2 months late. Check out the below given table to understand how many students were registered for UP Board class 10 results, how many appeared, how many passed and how many students failed to achieve the minimum marks of Class 10 UP Board.
|Particulars||UP Board Class 10 Result Stats|
These details will not help you much but give you a little motivation on how students were performed in the examination. In order to compare your UP Board previous year results with 2023 class 10 UP Board results, you can check your old UP Board Class 10 results by following the above given links or steps.
Bihar Board Previous Year Results
In this section, we have given a table that contains 8 years old data of Bihar Board results for class 10. This year wise Bihar Board previous year results data helps you understand what were the passing percentage of class 10 students in the past 8 years.
MP Board Previous Year Results
The MP Board is very much on time, they release the result in May each year. If you have missed your MP Board results or want to check your old MP Board results then you can use Fastresult.in. Apart from this, you can take a look at the below given tables to get some insights of MP Board results.
|Result Year||Result Date|
Here’s the Last year's MP Board 10th toppers:
|Name of the Student||Rank||Marks|
Central Board Previous Year Result
There are 3 central boards in India: CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), CISCE (Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations), and IB (International Baccalaureate). To Check Central Board Previous Year Result, you are required to follow basic steps:
- Click Here or Open Fastresult.in
- Clicking on the link above will help you reach the page where you will be asked to enter details such as Year, Board Name and Class.
- After filling all the required details, click on Check Result now.
- It will send you another page where you can easily check your Central Board Previous year result.
Disclaimer: We are not availing the IB (International Baccalaureate) results. Also, the central board results are hosted on the board's official website so, we don’t guarantee to show the old results if the same isn’t available on the official websites.
CBSE Previous Year Results
In the past few years, the CBSE Board results were released in May, July, and August as well as various exams were cancelled due to pandemic. Therefore, the CBSE Board previous years results were very late in 2020 and 2021 the CBSE Board results were announced without taking examination. Here’s a table that contains the details of CBSE Board results date, exam dates and years.
|Year||Exam Dates||Result Date|
|2018||March 5 – April 4||May 29|
|2019||February 21 – March 29||May 6|
|2020||Exams Cancelled||July 15|
|2021||Exams Cancelled||August 3|
|2022||Two term exams were held. Term I in November – December and Term II in May – June||July|
Comparison of State and Central Board Results
Both State and central boards results have various differences due to different exam patterns, syllabus, evaluation criteria and more. In this section, we have mentioned the comparison of state and central board results:
- Exam Pattern: The exam pattern makes a huge difference between state and central Board results. The Central board exams are held twice in a year where the state board exams are held once in a year: at the end of the academic session. Also, the central board exams also feature practical exams for certain subjects.
- Syllabus: One of the main difference makers in state and central board results are its syllabus. The state boards have more localised syllabus whereas the Central boards have standardised syllabus that is common across the country.
- Evaluation Criteria: There is a huge difference between the state and central evaluation criteria. The State boards focus more on rote learning and memorization, while central boards pay attention to conceptual understanding and application of knowledge. Due to the difference between the evaluation criteria both board’s produce different results.
- Performance: The Central board students perform better than state board students because of the difference in syllabus, exam pattern, evaluation criteria and more.
- Availability of Resources: State board students have very limited resources to study and prepare for the examination whereas for the central board students there are thousands of free study materials available and various online coaching classes that helps them better prepare for the exam and score impressive marks. On the other hand, the state board students who belong to rural areas have limited resources to study and prepare for the exam.
- Regional Variations: The central boards have uniform education standards and the state boards are diverse in nature due to regional variations. Each state has its own education system and board and that is why the both Board Results have significant differences.
How to Use Previous Year Results for Exam Preparation?
The previous year results can be used in a variety of ways such as to understand past mistakes, to recall what the most important preparation process could be done in the past but didn’t do and so on and so forth. Here is a list of most common things to do using previous year results for upcoming exam preparation.
- Learn From Mistakes: In order to avoid making the same mistakes time and again, a student can use their Previous year's result and the subject's scores to recall what mistakes they made last year in the board examination which they should not have done. Learning from mistakes helps students progress in life and enables them to avoid making similar mistakes in the upcoming examination.
- Identify Strengths and Weaknesses: The results are designed in a manner where students can look at their specific subjects and their score to identify what are their strengths and weaknesses. Knowing these helps them improve and prepare well for the upcoming examination to score highest marks in all the subjects for which they will sit in the examination.
- Determine the Difficulty Level: Analysing the old board results help students understand the difficulty level of examination that board often maintains. Knowing the difficulty levels enables the students to plan their board exam preparation accordingly.
- Solve Sample Papers and Old Question Papers: Certainly, looking at previous year results enables students to understand their weak and strongest areas in the subject. Knowing this, students can try to solve sample papers and old question papers that will help them understand where they will be lacking in the upcoming board examination.
- Seek Guidance: After looking at old results, if a student doesn't feel confidence and they think they need help to prepare well, they should immediately seek guidance.
Factors That May Affect Results and Trends in Performance Over the Years
A student preparing for the board examination should be aware of their current and previous year trends as it can affect a student’s overall exam preparation and final score in the board examination. Here are three of the most important points that we think may affect results and trends in performance over the years.
- Changes in Syllabus: The board exam syllabus has become very delicate since a few years and due to this almost every year the changes happen in state and central boards. The changes in syllabus impacts the results and trends in performance over the years because in some years the syllabus could be lengthy and in some years it could be easy.
- A Leap in Education System: Recently, we all have seen a leap in the education system where everything becomes online even the classrooms. Also, the overall syllabus was divided into 2 terms. So, this leap in the education system is temporary but it does impact the overall results of board examinations. Currently, the education system returns to normal but it can be changed anytime and the results will be impacted due to this.
- Difficulty Level of Board Examination: Over the years the board examination difficulty levels increases and so, the student’s overall performance and their final scores vary too. It will surely affect results and trends in performance over the years.
Challenges Faced by Students in Board Exams
Certainly, there are several challenges faced by students in board examination such as -
- Lack of Confidence: Some students doubt their own skills and exam preparation that alter their confidence level. The lack of confidence makes students nervous which distracts them from performing well in the board examination.
- Lack of Preparation: One of the most common challenges that students face in board examinations is lack of exam preparation. Whether it is due to not having access to a proper set of study materials or not having a proper knowledge of time management. Due to this, various students are unable to perform better in the examination and unable to score better marks.
- Exam Anxiety: The exam anxiety impacts a student’s overall performance in the examination, it makes them nervous and distracted throughout the exam. sweating, trembling, and nausea, are some of the most common physical symptoms of having exam anxiety and if a student is facing this challenge they will be unable to focus on writing their exam papers.
- Time Management: A bad time management skill is not only a long term problem, but it affects a student’s overall exam preparation. Majority of board students are unable to score good grades in their board examination because of not having skills to manage their time smartly. Time management is one of the major challenges that students face because the board examinations are held for a limited period of time.
- Distractions: social media, friends, or family are some of the common distractions that a board student has. These distractions don’t directly become a challenge in the examination hall, but during the board exam preparation these distractions create a very strong impact and later a student’s overall board exam preparation.
How Can You Improve Your Board Exam Result?
If you have checked your Previous year results and think you need to improve your board exam results then these are the key points you should consider.
- Focus on Syllabus: The syllabus is the core of an academic session so, make sure you focus on the syllabus to develop core understanding in subjects. The board exam question papers will contain the questions on the basis of what syllabus you have assigned in your academic session. Focusing on the syllabus helps you understand the important topics too which will help you score better marks. Apart from this, you should focus on your syllabus so that you can study and prepare for the board exam in an organised manner.
- Revise Regularly: Be regular in your day-to-day study and revise everything you study on a regular basis so that you can better answer the questions asked in the board examination. Apart from this, a regular revision helps you stay focused and motivated throughout the academic session. A regular revision also makes you confident and enables you to face any types of questions that are available in your textbook. Regular revision also helps you stay on top in the class and in the board examination because you can easily recall all the topics you have studied so far.
- Solve Old Question Papers and Do Self-Analysis: Self-analysis is essential for the students to better understand how well their learnings are going and how much score they will be able to get in their final board exam result. Therefore, we suggest you to solve old question papers and sample papers to do self-analysis from time to time. It will help you stay alert on your strongest areas and weak areas to improve. Solving the old question papers also gives you a sneak peak of how difficult the board exam may ask questions.