In a significant move, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has mandated the passing of internal and practical assessments for students in both the 10th and 12th grades. This provision comes into effect for the 2024 board examinations. Let's delve into the details of this new evaluation system.
Key Changes in CBSE Evaluation System
- Students must secure a minimum of 33% in internal assessments.
- Similarly, a score of 33% is required in theoretical examinations.
- This rule will be applicable for the 2024 board examinations.
Practical Examination Weightage:
- For 12th-grade students, practical exams hold a weightage of 30 out of 100 marks.
- Subjects without practical exams in the 12th grade will have an internal assessment weightage of 20 out of 100 marks.
- The internal assessment for the 12th grade and the practical examination for the 10th grade will run from January 1 to 15, 2024.
- Schools are instructed to submit online scores promptly to facilitate the timely preparation of results.
Board Examination Preparation:
- The change aims to ensure that practical exam results are ready before the theoretical exams commence.
Implementation Details and Background
CBSE's Response to the Pandemic:
- The exemption from internal assessments for the 10th grade and practical exams for the 12th grade, granted during the years 2020 to 2023 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, has been discontinued.
- Students must obtain a minimum of 33% in both internal assessments and theoretical examinations to pass.
Impact on Students:
- This shift in the evaluation system emphasizes the importance of holistic learning and aims to improve overall student performance.
As CBSE introduces these changes, it underscores the board's commitment to a comprehensive assessment approach. Students are encouraged to focus on both theoretical and practical aspects of their education to meet the new pass criteria. Stay updated with your school's guidelines for the upcoming internal and practical assessments, and embrace this opportunity for a more enriched learning experience.